- What do you think?
- How can I help you make this better?
- I have complete faith in you.
- Sorry, that was my fault.
- What did we learn from this that we can learn next time?
- I value your contribution.
- I welcome your input.
- You’ve done a great job this week!
- How could we do this even better?
- Thank you.
Parents, know that our children will make mistakes. It’s not a matter of “if”, it’s a matter of “when.”
It’s vital that we stay involved! When they fail, we have to make sure we are there for them with the appropriate response and consequence. They need us!
If we treat our children with regard and respect, sooner or later (probably later), they will respond with respectful and mature behavior.
Maurice Guest Jr., is an education administrator in Little Rock, Arkansas. For more tips and insight, follow him on instagram @instagram.com/mauriceguestjr